Staff In-Service Noon Dismissal
Student Council Installation
8th grade Baccalaureate and Grad.
Last Day of School 10am Dismissal
Mass and SLE Award Ceremony No EDP
The Holy Trinity Library (Media Center) provides students with a wide range of books and materials. Students learn library and research skills as well as the joy of reading.
Students will be able to:
- Experience read alouds, class discussions, and small group discussions.
- Focus on comprehension, vocabulary, and fluency
- Learn various library skills.
- Use the Dewey Decimal System
- Use computer research programs
- Understand the organization of the library in order to find materials
- Learn how to distinguish and understand different genres
- Learn how to use classification systems
- Learn how to use books for research as well as recreation
- Learn how to access and utilize all of the library’s resources.
- Learn how to organize, evaluate, and communicate information.
- Participate in lessons that correlate with the classroom teachers’ academic focus
- For example: If the 2nd grade students are learning about wildlife, the library teacher might read a short story that relates to that and have the students do a corresponding activity.
- Participate in lessons that correlate with religious holidays
- For example: During the Christmas season, the library teacher might read a short story about the birth of Jesus and have students do a corresponding activity.
***All of the above will vary by grade level. For example:
- Kindergarten and 1st grade students will learn how to put books on a shelf correctly and work with alphabetical order.
- 2nd and 3rd grade students will work with alphabetical order and the Dewey Decimal System.
- 4th and 5th graders will work with the Dewey Decimal System as well as learn research skills and strategies.